Sports categories require great ingenuity, engineering, coding, strategy and teamwork. For each Sport, there is no single right or perfect solution, but indefinite ways of approaching the given task, in order to achieve the best result. The challenges are short but multidimensional, designed to give participants the opportunity to overcome themselves, not only during the preparation process but also during the actual races!
The competition aims to cultivate in students creativity, teamwork, problem solving, ingenuity, healthy competition, while at the same time being taught through sports robotics, engineering, programming, mathematics, physics.
Each team can take part in as many sports as it wishes, always following the rules of each sport
As there are continuous updates, please check the categories you have chosen to participate in frequently.
Updates for 2024 season are shown in Purple / Fuchsia letters.
SPORTS & RULES
CREATE - CODE - RUN
SPORTS FOR HUMANOID ROBOTS
NEW CATEGORY ONLINE EXHIBITION
OLYMPIAD AIMS TO:
- Develop skills to young peoples e.g. the ability to communicated and work following team spirit
- Introduce new generation in the world of technology and initiate them in the applications of robotics in every day life
- Help them better understand the fundamentals of physics and its everyday usability in our real world
- Strengthen the self-confidence of young people
- Create the necessary bonding between technology and sports
- Help for a more effective organizing and reinforcing of the already known knowledge and to provide new impulses
- Move new generation from passivity inside the “paths” of science, their applications, inside engineering and software development and mechanical engineering
- Transform new generation to inventors, who will discover, design and create solutions in everyday life problems
- Train young people to become citizens of the new digital society of information
- Provide in a long-term way the ability to shape highly skilled executives who will contribute in their country’s economy and technological development
- Promote innovation and excellence in forefront technologies and additionally promote critic and research thinking
- Familiarize students and adults with Sports and New Technologies.
Minoan RobotSports Competition Global Olympiad, is organized by the Hellenic Educational Robotics Organization, which is based in Heraklion Crete, Greece.
HELLENIC EDUCATIONAL ROBOTIC ORGANIZATION - H.E.R.O. is a non-profit organization who aims to develop and spread Educational Robotics and Steam worldwide.
The fee in order for a team to participate in the event is 50,00€/team - Early Registration stage 1 (please check "Milestone Dates").
This cost is standard regardless the number of the sports categories each team will participate (50,00€ per team even the team participates in one or all sports categories).
But BE CAREFULL:
If you register for a sport and during your participation in the competition, you do not participate in it, then any distinction you may have in other sports is automatically cancelled. This is because if a team declare participation in a sports and not participate, creates many problems in the organization and in other teams.
PLEASE RESPONSIBLY DECLARE THE SPORTS YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND DO NOT CANCEL YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THEM AFTER COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION FORM OR DURING THE COMPETITION.